Furniture Flip


I love redoing furniture. I hate getting rid of something when it can be repurposed in another room, or just with a quick paint change. I cringe when I see people constantly redoing rooms, and I wonder where all the decorations that were in there went. I'm slowly getting over this as I start decorating my own house, and I realize that not all decorations work forever. Luckily, in this case I was able to redo my husband's childhood furniture!!! You heard that right... this is a nightstand and dresser that are 20 years old. We actually had this set in our master bedroom when we first got married.

When we first moved into our house about a year ago, my first priority was the living room. Now that we completely finished it, we have time to move onto other rooms. We didn't want to spend a ton of money on new furniture for the guest room, so I decided to redo our old set.



We chose gray for the walls which made the best option for the furniture white! I love white furniture, but have very little because I really like the contrast of dark furniture. I already had a pint of white full coverage latex paint leftover from redoing our table a few months back which saved me some money. Despite it being full coverage, I still had to apply four coats. This could also be due to the fact that I didn't use primer or sand the furniture... If you know a lot about furniture painting then you may be cringing. Honestly, I would rather paint ten coats then have to take the furniture outside to sand it then move it back inside. Especially in 100 degree Texas heat. No thank you. I really recommend this paint because it leaves a really smooth finish without needing sanding in between coats.






I did have to venture outside to spray paint the knobs. I didn't want to spend a bunch on buying new hardware so a $5 can of spray paint got the job done. The whole room is neutral tones, white, gray, browns, so I went with a bright blue for the knobs and even spray painted the lamp the same color.
Once I put these cute knobs on it, I decided to rearrange the rooms to make the knobs more visible from the doorway to show more color! I love these pieces because we will be able to use them for our kids one day, and easily spray paint the knobs to a different color anytime I want to make a change.


Check out the full post that shows the whole bedroom renovation here.
xoxo, 
kelsey

Post a Comment

Designed by FlexyCreatives